Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31st

Our Mom's Group had a little costume party on Tuesday. Oh, kids in costumes are so cute. The little guy on the right is a sushi roll- don't you love it? Can you find the firefighter and ladybug (the non- Chinese one?)





 We played a few games then the kids walked around the room to the moms and collected goodies in their bags. It was much easier than going door- to door! Here are Jack and Josiah comparing their "loot"
















A grocery store near our house did sell mid- sized pumpkins this year.  But they were over $20 usd each so I decided to let the kids paint a pumpkin on my belly instead tonight. They LOVED it! I did not anticipate how much it would tickle, ha, ha! Then as the paint started to dry it was very itchy. We also made popcorn balls and figured the kids had had enough sugar and fun to call it a Halloween.
We are pretty used to celebrating holidays untraditionally. And trust me, painting a pumpkin on my belly will not be a repeated tradition (: 

4 comments:

Sara said...

Awww...we did pumpkin belly when I was pregnant ;)
So fun!

Angela said...

oh that's fun. Also a lot of fun. Good Halloween!

Emily Thompson said...

ha! Nice!! Love your face in the final picture :o)

Bobbie Bailey said...

You are the funnest (new word!) parents ever!!! Although, I liked the kids custumes, I think I liked your's the best! lol

(What a cute ladybug you have!)