Thursday, August 12, 2010

Come on in . . .

I just realized that I haven't posted pictures of our new place. We are feeling settled and really enjoying life here. It was a little tricky getting everything to fit. Josiah's bed was such a tight squeeze that Jason took out the saw (with a wild gleam in his eye) and cut off part of the leg. I got overwhelmed at a few points and just got rid of items that I couldn't make room for (bye bye crock pot). We had fun painting the kids' rooms, but didn't include a picture of ours, because it is just a bed.

The entrance to Monte Vista
This is what our living room looks like without toys strewn everywhere. Do you like my domestic helper?


Big kitchen by HK standards, but no oven ):





Here is the Monte Vista play room, which is a life saver on rainy days

6 comments:

Amy LaVonne said...

So cute... I love it!!!

Heidi said...

It's lovely!!! I so wish I had the money to come and visit!! I can't imagine what a small HK kitchen looks like?!?!?

Jennifer said...

Great place. You have done an awesome job decorating and making such a tiny place so functional :).

The Liconas said...

Looks like you did a wonderful job making things fit! I was reading your post while standing in my own kitchen, and it made me look around and guess what I could get rid of if I needed to.

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Christine, it's great!!!! How do you survive w/o an oven though?!?! Love the sweet bedrooms, you're such a homemaker. :)

Dana said...

Your apt. is adorable! I love the kids' rooms! You're so on top of things, with pics of your family on the wall already...way to go! :) i think I'll always still picture you in Grandville when I think about you, though. :)