Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to School Reflections


I get nostalgic this time of year for new lunch boxes, neatly printed name tags, and boxes of freshly sharpened Crayolas. Jason is now back in the swing of school now so I decided to do a little reflecting myself about the upcoming year.

I got inspired to write a mission statement here. My hope is that I will look at this often and use it as a compass to keep me on track:
My mission is. . .

To create an inviting and peaceful home for my family and all that enter, that is conducive to living simply, loving deeply, and laughing abundantly.

To esteem and respect Jason through my thoughts, words and actions.

To cheerfully and patiently shepherd my children and teach them to develop Christ- like character.

To seek daily to hear God’s voice and live a life that is above all, pleasing to Him.

My goals are (I love goals, but can get a little crazy. I tried to keep this realistic) . . .


1. Rise at 5:30 M- F to exercise (run or pilates)

2. Run the Standard Charter 10K

3. Read the Bible daily (while the kids are napping) and pray for our family and the poor

4. Memorize one Bible passage a month based on themes of Faith and Love

5. Read one book a month (topics include nutrition, parenting, ministry to the poor)

6. Invite a friend, neighbor, or co- worker over for dinner once a week

7. Learn more about Montessori methods and spend 30 minutes each day doing a meaningful activity with Josiah

8. Intentionally maintain the relationships with our refugee friends and look for way to bless them

9. Maintain consistent communication with friends and family (via email, skype, mail, phone, blog)

10. Look for one way each day to express love to Jason

What are your goals for this year?

4 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Love this Christine! How about talking Sunday afternoon/evening? I'm open after our 2:00 (except I can't remember the time change off the top of my head, so that might not even work?!?!?) Love you cuz!

Jennifer said...

I love your list...it got me thinking. I need to make a list of goals too.

Elizabeth said...

I was really encouraged (and convicted to do the same) by your goals. I appreciate your heart for God and others that he's placed in your life.

Bobbie Bailey said...

christine what a special missions statement. i think we all should write one. you have inspired me to do so, and i thank you for that. i love the godly wife, mother, and woman that you are. i am continually proud of you & i love you dearly. bobbie