Wednesday, January 20, 2010

30 Get- Away

For Jason's birthday I was able to take him away over night to a near- by island. This is the first time I'd been away from Josiah for more than 7 hours, so I felt like it was my birthday too! My cousin Nicole and her husband have been staying with us for a few weeks, so it was really naturally to leave Josiah in their capable care. We had a great time together connecting, reflecting on the last three decades, laughing, sleeping and praying. This is the peaceful beach where we stayed.


Last summer my sister-in-law, Jen, and I both had the same idea to get the "twins" together for their 30th. We got Michael a ticket (with the contributions of other family members- thanks) to come visit over Chinese New Year. Jason was really surprised when he opened his "present". I'm so excited to see them together soon!

2 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

Love the pictures of the twins "together" :o)

Jennifer said...

What a great gift for Jason :). So glad you guys had a get away.