Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

We have been celebrating Easter all week long with two egg dying parties and two fun Easter egg hunts. It has been fun to watch Josiah piece together what the holiday is about. Because he doesn't really have a concept of death yet, I was a little apprehnsive to tell him the Easter story. But, Angela who is a 2 year old Sunday School teacher, gave me some really good advice. She said, "tell the story so he will grow into it, not out of it." Josiah was really interested and I understood "Jesus had owies on his hands, feet and heart cause he loves us". I did have to laugh this morning when he asked in his sweet little voice "why'd Jesus have to die on the crosswalk?"

Giving the kids directions before the egg hunt

hunt and picnic in Ma On Shan park




2 comments:

Amy LaVonne said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is precious. I love Annette's hat.

Sara said...

Now, THAT is an Easter bonnet!

So sweet!

I have been meaning to pass on this blog to you. She does a lot with her kids, reminds me of you.
Loved this simple tradition...
http://breezyacresfarm.blogspot.com/2011/04/diy-resurrection-tree.html

Bookmark her blog, she's inspirational!