Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crazy, beautiful moments

It's been one of those days (and it is only noon). After sleeping literally 2.5 hours I took my children to the doctor which turned out to be a comedy of errors, except I wasn't laughing. After a long wait, a lost file, screaming, a clueless doctor, being overcharged, wrong payment method, more screaming, and an office full of staring people, we walked out covered in sticky cough syrup that we didn't even need.

I have heard it said that boys are physically exhausting and girls and emotionally exhausting. This certainly feels true right now. Lately Annette screams all. day. long. (and recently all night long) making this the most challenging season so far for me as a mom of two.

For all the frustrating moments, there are also the beautiful, priceless moments that remind me I won't trade being home with my kids for all the tranquility the world has to offer. Sacred, precious moments like. . .

sticking a bean seed in soil and watching in wonder as it grows

. . . and grows!!!
dolly hugs
tea parties in tents
"almost" first steps


Thanks for being part of my blog- therapy. Praise God for his grace that is new each morning- or in my case each moment!

7 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

Let me know if you need anything this week! Josiah could come over to play anytime if you need a break! I mean it.

Sara said...

I think you've summed up motherhood in 3 words. Crazy. Beautiful. Moments.
We are in this boat together...if I can help from far away, let me know ;)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Oh sweet cousin! Hang in there - when it's me, you can tell me that it'll all be okay some day! Thanks for going through it first. :) LOVE YOU!

grandmashredder said...

I clean the house....and it stays clean. I go to sleep at night... and dont awake until morning. Wanna trade??? Bet you don't! Take J to Ems!

grandmashredder said...

another 3 words for motherhood...
goes too fast!

Jennifer said...

I hear you on the crazy beautiful moments! Just when you feel like you are going to crack the kids give you love or do something adorable and it puts it all in perspective. You are doing an AMAZING job being an AWESOME stay at home mom in a foreign country no less!

The Liconas said...

I can relate to this on every level, Christine! I was telling Sara that I read this from my iPhone at 2:45 a.m. after my little Valentina awoke for the 3rd time and I was dying to comment then, but it is so difficult to do from my phone. I felt like I could've written this. My Valentina (11 months) also screams all day and night and she bites and seems so fussy lately. I. totally. relate. But, wouldn't trade it for anything, right? :)