Thursday, October 7, 2010

Picnic

Hong Kong doesn't have a lot of grass. It probably works out to about one blade per person in the city. However, our new estate has a few grassy patches. I've never seen anyone sit or walk in it, but there are no signs saying not to. So following the letter of the law, we had a lovely picnic Sunday afternoon outside. And to my surprise no one told us to stop. This was the first time we've done this in the five years we've lived here and think we will make it a tradition. I like how these photos have a dreamy sort of quality (or maybe I'm just tired). I cherish simple, little moments with our family like these.



2 comments:

The Liconas said...

What a great day in the grass for you all! I remember as I traveled through Mexico City, I noticed that people did not sit, relax or walk on the grass much there either. I always wondered why.

gerry said...

Annette looks like a little princess in that dress, I can't wait to squeeze her