Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Breath of Fresh Air

Newsflash- the current Hong Kong temperature is 77 degrees!! Yesterday was in the 80s and we thought that was heavenly, but 77 actually feels chili after four months straight of humid 90+ weather.
This time of year I always get a wave of homesickness when I think about fall. Not that the seasons change much in California, but we at least pretend they do; apple farms, hay bales, cinnamon spice candles, acorn and leaf centerpieces etc. This is the time of year when bloggers put up pictures of their fallishly- clad kids in corn mazes and pumpkin patches (you know who you are). I bought a little pumpkin at the market and set it on my bookshelf. Although to my Chinese friends this would be equivalent to decorating with broccoli or bok choy, it makes me happy. Annette decided to celebrate the temperature change with a hat. Another thing that makes me happy. How are you celebrating fall (I promise not to sulk!)

6 comments:

J.M.Paine said...

I love fall as well Christine! Today I put up some of my fall decorations with pumpkins, gords, spiced candles, and of course little bowls of candy corn (which Michael thinks is disgusting). I have also made pumpkin bread, apple pie, and apple scones from good ol sea canyon apples. We went and picked apples with Harry and Gerry when they came into town this weekend. Michael and I also went for a run in sea canyon tonight and it was magical! Okay that was a lot of bragging...sorry

Angela said...

we had a Fall s'more party on Saturday after having 100 plus degree weather all week long... seemed more than a bit ironic, but would you know it -it's now raining. haha. I am also eating loads of candy corn and thinking of you. And Ingrid Michaelson is my favorite fall weather music.. but i haven't even busted her out yet this year.

Dana said...

Ahhh.....I just love her already...can't wait to squeeze her! :)

I am currently celebrating fall by sweating and sweating some more...just thought I'd make you feel better...you're not alone! :)

Amy LaVonne said...

My two friends, me and our fiances went to an apple orchard on Friday and got a bunch of apples. Then yesterday we made a KILLER fresh apple pie. It was so fun! We are also burning an apple cider candle in our apartment which I LOVE!!! And the trees are beautiful here. They are just about in full color and I just love the smell and fresh cool air when I go outside. And last but not least... it's SWEATER time!!! Oh I love fall!!!

everyChapter said...

Goodness sakes she is adorable! I'm sorry you're missing fall, I would too. It rained here yesterday (okay, it was in the high sixtys/low seventies- but it rained) and we had chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese and then went for a walk in totally unessecary rain jackets and boots just for fun.

Sara said...

So, up until yesterday, you hadn't missed ANYTHING. In one week it went from 113 degrees, to pouring rain, thunder, and lightning.

I love fall...I haven't "celebrated" yet, because I am afraid it's just a tease, and will be warm again soon.
Once I commit to the sweaters and jeans, I don't want to go back!