Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Happy Place


Confession: I have been known to deliberately "forget" to buy something at IKEA, just so I have an excuse to come back the next week. I love it that much. It is such a great place on a rainy afternoon.

10 Reasons by IKEA is brilliant:

1. you can check your kids in for 40 minutes (count em 4-0 minutes) of playtime where they are entertained by a ball- pit, wooden trains and play kitchen

2. miniature shopping carts for kids to push

3. space. BIG space reminiscent of mega stores in America

4. Josiah can touch just about everything, without breaking anything

5. western food including chicken, salmon, pasta, coffee, cake/ pie and the only meat that Josiah will get near, Swedish Meatballs

6. interactive toy kiosks for kids to play at strategically placed throughout the store, including in the dinning area= peaceful meal

7. fun, Scandinavian style decoctions at Christmas

8. cheap scented candles

9. did I mention 40 minutes of of babysitting?

10. ice-cream at the end


(Don't you just love the "I- can't- believe- you- are taking- a- picture- at- IKEA- you- are- just- like- your- mother" look that Jason is giving me here? )

4 comments:

Dana said...

haha...i love it! :)

The Liconas said...

I didn't know that they had IKEA in Hong Kong, so I am very happy for you!! We love IKEA also..so fun to shop and eat there!

Sara said...

When reflecting on our very busy summer, Jack said " well. We didn't do everything I wanted to do."
Shocked because we really did a lot, I asked what it was he wanted to.do...."IKEA".
Love that store. I've checked Jack in to play, had lunch, and didn't buy anything! Great place!

The Schmidts said...

That's so cute! I wish we had one here! -Rhiannon