Saturday, April 3, 2010

Update and Photos

Annette is three weeks old and I already can hardly remember life before her (I also can hardly remember what day it is or if my shirt is buttoned when I answer the door!) We've had a great start with her and thank the Lord for His provision and protection during these early days. The first two weeks of her life she was sooo sleepy, but this week she really woke up and has made herself known (this girl has lungs!) She looks bigger by the day and now has just about out- grown her premie clothes and is filling out the newborn pajamas. It has been really nice having Jason home this week for his Spring break. Josiah is handling the adjustment well, but (like a typical almost 2 year old)needs lots of attention and discipline. We are both pretty tired and brew a strong pot of coffee every morning (: My mom arrives TONIGHT and we are really looking forward to celebrating Easter with her.

This week we had an ICS student, Brendon, come over to our house to take some photos. I know Annette will not be "tiny" for long, so I was eager to capture this precious, fleeting era. Brendon has studied photography in ICS's art program, but had never done portraits before. We were thankful he was willing to give it a try and were happy with what we got. It was a fun morning and not taken too seriously. This first photo cracks me up!







10 comments:

Sara said...

beautiful pictures...and that first picture made me giggle, too!

Laura Liskey said...

Beautiful!! For never doing portraits he did an amzing job!

The Schmidts said...

cute photos!!! I am amazed that you are finding time to blog at all right now--way to go! -Rhiannon

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

Beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are amazing. The first one is so funny! I am sure that won't be the last time he makes her cry j/k :). Glad to hear things are going well.

Elizabeth said...

Great shots!! Props to the aspiring photographer!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

They're SO great! Love love LOVE them. :)

J.M.Paine said...

my favorite is big brotha being "big" next sister. I can't help but smile everytime I see Gods miracle in your lives:) Miss you guys!

somebody said...

I enjoy reading your blog a lot!! they are so cute!! great pics!!!

Bobbie said...

ohhhhh. such a blessing!!!