Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Red, White, and Blue

Last Friday we ventured down to the US Consulate for Annette to make her big appearance and apply for her passport, social security number and American birth certificate. Here we are on our way (no cameras allowed inside)

It is pretty hard to get a good passport picture of a newborn, the big requirement being having their eyes open. Both times I've taken my babies to a photo shop where they were held up like a floppy puppet in front of a white screen. All things considered, we were really pleased with how well Annette's turned out. It is funny to think she will still be using this photo when she is 5 years old!

And because I still laugh out loud every time I open Josiah's passport, I thought I'd share (I've even seen a customs offical crack a smile)

Annette is very proud to be American. Now that she is official we are one step closer to coming home this summer!

6 comments:

The Schmidts said...

I hope we can see you this summer! What a cute passport photo!-Rhiannon

Angela said...

Oh man. I laughed too about Josiah's...such a thug in that pic. Annette's pic is very sweet! And I do believe she will stay in the patriotic room at the Ouimette Inn... how fitting!

EveryChapter said...

Adorable! We had travel plans and endded up getting Owen's passport photo when she was a whopping two days old- so precious and funny looking! PS- I love your sling-what is it? (And you look fabulous- really. Fabulous). And A's photo is adorable!

Emily Thompson said...

Her picture really is SO great compared to more baby shots! good work!

Gramma Batson said...

I so very much enjoy your blog. Thank you for sharing!!

Jennifer said...

So cute..those passport pics are too funny.They will laugh when they are 5 and using them.