Wednesday, September 24, 2008

lion and the lamb

God of typhoons and baby coos, who can fully capture your majesty? With one gust you can uproot towering trees, yet you lend you ear in delight to the gurgle of a baby. You are so mighty, powerful, and awesome. . . how is it that you can also be as gentle as the flutter of Josiah's eyelashes against mine? Truly you are God! You cannot be contained or controlled. You refuse to be fashioned or manipulated,yet in a humble act of vulnerability you allow yourself to be known. I praise you for the pleasure you receive from your children, from me! The twinkle in your knowing eyes, hiding amusement and delight, reveals your father heart and tender love. As I nurse my docile baby to sleep, the storms rages around me and I know you are in both. Praise the lion and the lamb.
*This is an excerpt from my journal as we weathered the 4th typhoon 8 of the season last night.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed reading your beautiful description of how God is both the lion and the lamb. I especially enjoyed the picture I got of you nursing Josiah while the typhoon raged outside and, like you said, God's nature is shown in both! Praise God!!