Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bohol, Philippines Part 1


 Annabelle's first flight

I love it when worlds come together. So, you can imagine my excitement to bring my US family to our Philippines Family at Arms of Love Children’s Home. It truly was a dream of mine to minister alongside my family in a place so close to my heart. I know that both parties were blessed!

It has been two years since we lived in Bohol, Philippines with the beautiful children at Arms of Love. Thanks to facebook we have stayed in touch a bit over those years. My sister Angela sponsors two of the children, Rollie and John Lloyd, so meeting in person was very special. It was also Annabelle’s first time out of Hong Kong. She got lots of love and the Filipinos said she looked like a “dole” (doll). 

 Our visit this time was short, sandwiched between the end of summer school and the start of school, but oh so sweet. The weekend was full of hugs, crafts, food, playing, worship and laughter.  I am so proud of these kids and just delight to be with them. Aren’t they beautiful!?


We brought along mosquito nets and all 5 slept on one bed, Philippines style!

 Josiah and Annette jumped right in with morning chores




Annette was too young to remember Arms of Love however it was fun to see her jump right in. I didn't get as many photos of Josiah, probably because he was off playing!



 Sunday School at Church
 Making bead necklaces with "Ate (aunt) Angela"
House Mama Ines with my Mama
 These are our sponsored kids, Stephanie and Henry. Love them!!!
We had a fun time swimming at the beach together Sunday



In 2011 we had the privilege of riding along in the jeepney the day that Willy and Raymart were brought from the garbage dump to Arms of Love. You can read more about that here. Now, 2 years later it was incredible to see the change in these boys.  They are calm and confident, assured that they are unconditionally cared for and loved. What an amazing, powerful thing it is to be called a son and be brought into family.

If it is on your heart to sponsor a child like Willy or Raymart, please leave me a comment or check out www.armsoflove.org

1 comment:

Emily Thompson said...

So cool!! I love seeing all the photos from Arms of Love and the beach resort. Looks like you packed quite a bit into a short time. Super fun and I can't wait to see all the photos from your summer!! I have been terrible at our blog... will resume when we get back :o)