Sunday, February 13, 2011

You know you're tired when. . .

. . . you look forward to your laser eye surgery so you can get some rest.
Josiah got out of the hospital Friday night (see post below) and Saturday I went in for laser eye surgery. Jason and I left the kids with some awesome friends and went to Mong Kok for the procedure. The distractions of the last two days kept my mind off the surgery so I didn't have time to get nervous. In fact I called it my "blind date" with Jason because we really enjoyed just having a peaceful moment together in the waiting room. The fact that I had my corneas cut into, lifted up, and my eye's zapped did put a damper on the date, but it only lasted 8 minutes. Jason was a really big support, guided me to a taxi to get home, tucked me into bed, and watched the kids so I could rest. Ah, rest!! Three hour nap after surgery- doctor's orders!!!


Today I woke up and was amazed that I could SEE!! I am so excited to march forward in life free from contacts and glasses!!

11 comments:

Jonah Zane Herzog said...

Jeff had this done in HK too and he couldn't be happier! I remember guiding him home through all the trains and buses. Glad your procedure went well!

Emily Thompson said...

Yeah for good sight!!!!

gerry said...

when I was able to see after my surgery, I thought of the blind man that Jesus healed. It is so amazing. Another great plus, no more,, where did I put my glasses!! Yeah! One fear down,,,2 to go! love you

The Liconas said...

Congrats to you on getting this done...you had previously said this was a huge fear of yours. I am so proud of you. How neat to see, huh? In every sense of the word:) I remember my cousin had this done and his wife said that he took a really long shower the next morning and she got really worried, so she checked on him. He was reading the shampoo and conditioner bottles just because he could!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

OH MY GOSH! I didn't even know you were thinking about doing this, I want to hear all about it! So cool, I've never known someone that had it done. Glad everyone's healthy and getting back to normal!

jeniferkarianne said...

That's SO exciting for you! Congratulations and I look forward to hearing about your new-found vision! :) P.S. I was looking through old year books in h.s. today and found you! :) SO cute.

Amy LaVonne said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Way to go cousin! So excited for you! That must be such a huge blessing. I would like to have this done someday so that I could wake up and see what time it is without having to get 2 inches from the clock! I bet you are REALLY enjoying it! Praise the Lord for great technology!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! Do you have perfect vision now? That is great!

Jennifer said...

I hear ya on this one!! Boy it's funny the little things you enjoy when you are a busy parent. How exciting to get lasik done. I want to do it some day.

Ashley N. said...

Congrats. But you look so cute in glasses. Glad Josiah is okay and out the of the hospital. How scary.

xmama4 said...

Oh, so jealous! Both of the nap and being able to see. I feel like I've been sleeping in my glasses for years. Enjoy not having to wear smudged, kid-printed glasses! :-D