Friday, January 28, 2011

Tots Group


I can't believe I haven't blogged yet about Tots Group! Last October some of my friends who are working moms asked me to start a playgroup for their toddlers during the week. Every Thursday four precious, smiling faces come over to play. We have circle time, songs, stories, a lesson based on our theme for the month, a craft and of course play time! The best part for me is that Josiah loves it! He likes to help me set the mats around, pass out materials and sing the loudest! The domestic helpers who come with the kids are so enthusiastic and help to hold Annette. It is a fun "job" that everyone gets something out of. I just realized we should really call ourselves and International Tots Group since five different nationalities are represented in the group.





This week we celebrated Chinese New Year

I also tutor three students on Monday mornings. Here is Robbie, he is four and learning to read- I LOVE teaching kids this age. This week Josiah said he wants to be a teacher when he grows up. Poor kid, he doesn't know anything else (:
.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love that you are finding fun ways to use your gift. The kiddos are very lucky!

The Liconas said...

This is just so so neat for you, your kids, your friends and your students!!! What wonderful memories!