Saturday, January 29, 2011

REAL

I am so excited, inspired, and passionate about this book written by Shelley- who I've known since I was a girl- and photographed by my sister- in- law Terilee. I just bought my copy today and I hope the international shipping doesn't take forever because I dying to get my hands on it. Oh- and my parents' story of carrying for foster- sister Erica is in the book too!!

Here is a little bit about the book:
Shelley Malcolm uses the image of hands to reveal much of what we have in common, as well as, like finger prints, that which makes each of us completely unique. The pages of REAL tell the stories of actual people who are comfortable with sharing their dreams and triumphs as well as their imperfections, losses and failures. These stories, paired with dramatic and honest photographs by Terilee Dawn Ouimette, present a refreshing and tangible new perspective that can change the way the reader might see his or her self. REAL allows us to not only forgive that which may seem ordinary, have disappointed us, or caused shame… and instead embrace that which does not pretend to be anything but REAL.
To see photos from the book or learn how to order go to Terilee's blog here

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm kind of a stalker of her blog....so, I saw this awhile ago on her site. Its beautiful. Simply beautiful ;)