Thursday, December 2, 2010

Francis Chan- Balance Beam

Francis used to be a pastor in Simi Valley, CA and would speak in chapel from time to time while we were at Biola University. His message of being sold- out for God really impacted Jason and I at that time. Francis is currently traveling through Asia and our school was blessed to have him speak to the middle school and high school students yesterday. Please take a moment and watch this clip. It really challenged me to live for more than my own safety and comfort

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so excited that he spoke at the school!!! That is so great! Hopefully the kids were super impacted. He truly practices what he preaches.

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Love it...

Sara said...

I am so curious about what he says to the kids...
great video. loved it!

The Paine Family said...

He told a hilarious story of living a double life, kind of acting like a Christian, youth leader in the evening and a vacuum cleaner seller in the day where he would dress up as an immigrant Chinese man acting like he couldn't speak english. Then his partner would say how poor he was, sending money back to China. The gig worked, but once he understood God's holiness he was a changed man and quit his job. He told the students they needed to have a true relationship with God one on one, not through their parents, teachers, or youth pastors. The students loved hearing him inject his Southern California cantonese accent. Yes, Nicole he does, I heard he is going to start a ministry in the inner city, not exactly a "safe" way to live a Christian life eh? I truly believe the safest place is wherever God wants you no matter what the circumstance may look like.

The Liconas said...

I am crying because I watched this at just the right time...when God led me to it and I loved it!!! Thank you for sharing.