Saturday, October 24, 2009

Love it!

Well, I am feeling much better these days. In fact, I've had a second trimester power surge. I'm keeping my food down and sleeping more like a normal person and less like a hibernating animal. I've been catching up on deep cleaning around the house and doing some fun projects. The Mom's Group I'm a part of has been working on some different craft items to sell at a charity bazaar (don't you love that word?) to raise money for the Philippines disaster relief. These projects have given me a couple fun excuses to go the ribbon and bead markets in Sham Shui Po. I just love looking at all of the beautiful reams of ribbon and thousands of interesting beads. Josiah's interest in the market never matches mine, so I'm not able to roam as long as I'd like. The isles in the bead shop are so narrow (just barely wider that my stroller) that he entertains himself by playing a game called "kick the bead buckets over". Last trip he scored three buckets followed by an innocent sounding "uh- oh". I'll try to post pictures of some of the crafts we've made before the bazaar in two weeks.



5 comments:

The Schmidts said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm did so much scrapbooking my second trimester last time. I'm hoping that energy will come this time too. -Rhiannon

Jennifer said...

Soooooo glad to hear you are doing so much better. Yay!!!! The shopping sounds like such an adventure. You are brave. I love the uh-oh when he kicks over the beads. Uh oh is right. Taylor would be in heaven in a place like that.

Jonah Zane Herzog said...

I miss that road! I remember carrying Jonah in a front pouch for hours while shopping...my back has never been the same! I can't wait to see pics of all your crafts!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Yay that you're feeling better! A couple thoughts...

1. DEFINITELY with you on loving the bazaar word...that's what the "market" or main part of town is called here...we all just call it the buz. :)

2. Josiah sounds like he didn't fall far from the tree...a little hyperactive a little?! I can remember a whole summer filled with just such innocent/slightly hyper-active fun times with someone I love very much... :)

3. We are DEFINITELY going to that market when we're there!

4. Can we talk soon? :) Much love!

Nicole said...

Wow, those colors are so beautiful! I can't wait to see what you made! Josiah is so cute! I can't wait to hear what your second one will be. Are you going to find out?