Friday, September 18, 2009

Emerging Comunication

Josiah's talking is really starting to pick up. He loves to hear the sound if his own voice and lately has been making this funny yodeling sound as he walks around the house. I started a list of words his can say (not the ones he thinks he is saying, but the words that are actually decipherable, at least to my ear).
1. Mama/ Mommy
2. Dada/ Daddy
3. ball
4. uh- oh
5. dirty (he loves to say this with a smile, putting extra emphasis on the "te")
6 baby
7. Jack Jack (his best bud upstairs)
8. three (free)
9. apple
10. me
11. thank you (tank you)
12. milk
13. up
14. down
15. duck
16. no (this is a new one I'm sure I'll hear more of)
17. hi
18. nana (for banana)
While we are not picking up Josiah's application for Mensa, we are proud of the progress he's made. Mostly it is fun to see how proud he is of himself when he is able to use words to get what he wants. Much nicer than screaming. (:

No comments: