Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Gifts from This Week

  Everyday is a Gift. I strategically hung this so it would be the first thing I see when I come in the house and the last thing I see before leaving. It is so easy for me to dwell on the rear shocks that need fixed on the car, my iphone screen which I cracked for the THIRD time, the fact I lost my voice (I mean gone) and the attitudes that need adjusted (often including my own) that I miss the gift of now. So in case I missed it the first time, here are some gifts from this last week. 
 Monday- the girls played together peacefully (at least for a moment)
 Tuesday: Annabelle works to smile for the camera now. These are her "cheese" smiles


 Wednesday: Annette loves to read in her bunk-bed which we just painted red
 Thursday: Annabelle wants to wear big brothers T- Shirt and Josiah has insisted on wearing his "explorer" vest around the clock. To bed, at home, on walks, he takes it off just before school and puts on over his uniform as soon as school is over. In his words, "you never know when you'll find a great bug"
 Friday: We had a pizza party on the roof to celebrate the end of a long school week. As Josiah bit into his slice of pepperoni, out came his front tooth!!! It was the perfect punctuation to his first week of school.
 I can't get over how much it changes his face
Saturday: Jason went night spearfishing with our neighbor next door. It was a nocturnal, amphibious, cross- cultural hunting experience! He left at 9:30 pm and didn't get home until 2:30 am!!! Jason only speared a puffer fish, which he couldn't keep because they evidently are poisonous. But the other men caught crabs, fish, octopus, cuttlefish and more. They graciously shared some of their catch with us.
 Annabelle was not impressed with the crabs

Sunday: but was a big fan of ice cream. This is how my kids' faces look every time we eat ice cream! 

May you have eyes to see the gifts in your everyday. . . .