Friday, August 15, 2014

Starting P1 and R2

Whew! We've officially kicked off another school year. Josiah is in P1 which is what the British system calls American "Kindergarten." Annette is in R2 Kindergarten, which is what the Hong Kong system calls American "Pre- School" (yes, very confusing) Adding to the confusion is the complicating factor that they are daily at different campuses for different lengths of time. But with a little help from friends and a lot of help from the car we are making it work. 

P1 is a 7 hour day which is a big transition for Josiah. P1 is also the grade that I used to teach at ICS. I LOVE P1!!! Josiah's lovely teacher, Mrs. Crook, was my co- teacher when I was pregnant with Josiah. So, technically Josiah has already been through 9 months of P1 (:  I never dreamed that I would be a P1 parent, it really feels full circle for me. So far he is loving all the "special" classes (computers, music, art, library, PE, mandarin), having 2 recesses and getting to occasionally see daddy around campus. 





Annette goes to school in the afternoon for 3 hours in Mrs. Ma's class (same teacher as last year). I am enjoying having time with the girls all morning long and it is amazing how differently Annette plays when Josiah's not around (think lots of dolls). 

 Not to be excluded, Annabelle has reached some milestones of her own recently, such as her first set of pig tails 
and working on her fine motor skills

2 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

love these!! I posted the same thing today ;o) I LOVE that last photo of Annabelle!

Sara said...

Growing too fast! I just poste aout our first day too. Kids look so happy! Love watching them grow up!