Thursday, September 11, 2014

Miss Annabelle Mei

Blogging is happening less and less for me these days thanks to other social media platforms and  generally life being busy!! But, I still love sharing in this space and the taking a moment to reflect on life as it whizzes by. And nobody is living in the fast lane quite like Annabelle!

Annabelle wears two expressions these days; a highly suspicious, furrowed brow OR an ecstatic, hands flapping, ear to ear grin. The more you're around her, the more you get rewarded with the later
Annabelle likes to be right in the middle of the action around our house. Like IN the middle. Like on the tiny stool with Annette in the kitchen, or clawing at my face to be in my lap during the story time or "helping" Josiah and Annette with the Lego tower or art project. Whew! She also has a current obsession with keys which has resulted in a few panicked searches for keys when trying to get out the door (:
She really turns on the charm for the camera and loves to receive one- on- one attention now. Her favorite activity with mommy is reading books, especially ones about animals. She likes to point to her belly button and nose and babbles a lot, although I wouldn't say she has a lot of words (mama, dadda, up, all done, more, one, two three etc)


This last photo cracks me up (ignore the fact she is in her bathing suit). I sometimes have her sit on the counter next to me while I wash dishes where she helps herself to jars of almonds, raisins, and fruit on the counter. On this particular day, I turned around to see her hand in the cookie jar, with three cookies in her hand and one in her mouth. Caught red handed!

The sweetest moments of the day are without a doubt at bedtime. As soon as I start singing "Jesus Loves You" she snuggles her head into my shoulder, then when I lay her down she blows big kisses with lots of "muah" sound effects. Melts my heart!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Annabelle is becoming such a little girl. Keep the blog going, I love the pictures and stories of everyone. Never can get enough!!! :)

Matt said...

Love it !!! Thanks for sharing.