Sunday, March 2, 2014

March

I woke up yesterday morning and heaved a sigh, it’s March. Muggy, moldy, mosquito- welcoming March. As I look back on our 7 years in Hong Kong I feel like March has typically been one of the hardest months for me. The holidays are over, but summer still seems far away. The sun usually hides from us during this time of year, inducing some serious “blahs” for me. March is also the month Josiah has had some of his most serious hospitalizations, courtesy in part to the HK March air. This March feels especially heavy for me as we currently have two friends in critical condition in the hospital (one a 6 year old girl) and another friend starting chemo. 

I love that this Wednesday begins the season of Lent. Growing up in an ecumenical church I enjoyed the rhythm Lent brought to the 40 days leading up to Easter. I feel a hunger to press in this Lent, to create space and usher the light and hope of Jesus into my days. My motto for the month is to “live above the clouds”. My desire is to receive a perspective and joy that cannot be dampened by dreary weather or even sickness. 

March is not without it’s upcoming joys, my sweet girls both turn a year older this month. Then at the end of the month we are taking a family trip to the countryside of Laos. What does March have in store for you? Do you have months/ seasons that get you down?  





1 comment:

Sara said...

March definitely drags at school for me…
But it's also Jack's bday month…so, we don't let it get us down too much!