Saturday, May 4, 2013

1 Month


 Little Annabelle is one month old! She has been a great baby and an absolute joy. She still sleeps a LOT and doesn’t cry much. Her hair has pretty much all fallen out on top now and she has a bad case of baby acne- but we still think she is adorable!  Annette is such a natural with babies and loves to talk to “Mei Mei” in a soothing, calm voice.  

Many people have asked me how the adjustment has been becoming a family of five. I would say that while the pregnancy was the hardest, the newborn season has probably been our easiest. Annabelle fits well into our family’s rhythm (she doesn’t really have a choice) and is learning to sleep through all the noise and chaos.  My strengths are in time management and juggling/ multi- tasking (something I probably learned as a teacher) so most days I am really happy with all the busyness at home. 

And then I got sick. As in cannot move off the couch or even lift a finger sick. Achy, fever, headache, dizzy sick. And all of a sudden the job of caring for 3 little ones seemed much harder. I did a load of laundry at 8:30 and by 5:00 finally mustered up the energy to hang it on the line to dry (my big accomplishment of the day). God has really been reminding me of my moment- by- moment dependence on Him. Weakness is such a great opportunity to learn this further.  In weakness He is strong.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me
to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has
been surprised me. Thanks, quite great post.

Feel free to visit my homepage Kris Letang Black Jersey