Saturday, November 13, 2010

Story Time

Often story time is the saving grace in my day. Sitting down to a good book has a very calming affect on Josiah and he will listen to a story til I'm blue in the face or fall asleep- usually the later. He is getting into Curious George (probably he can relate), Clifford, Little Critter, Winnie the Pooh, Dr. Seuss or anything by Eric Carle. I have been getting books from the public library and ICS to keep up with his appetite. As you can see Annette has found some good reading she can sink her teeth into as well. If you have a favorite children's book please leave a comment below, we are always looking for suggestions.

My friend Emily snapped this, I'm with Joy, Max (precious!), Jack and Siah

8 comments:

The Liconas said...

Love the pictures! I remember the days when Salvatore would quietly listen to every word I read...now he constantly interrupts me with questions, connections, or..more questions. It is so nice for me to know what another mom of two little ones does with family time!

The Liconas said...

And we love The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

EveryChapter said...

Adorable! Story time has been my saving grace so many times, especially when nursing. So...I was going over my address list and the one I have for you is old, would you email me your new one? Thank you! msmith@msstudiodesigns.com

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

I completely identify with this Christine. It is also about the only way to get Soren to calm down for an extended period and more importanty keep him out of mischief. ;-) Our library has a 30 book check out limit, and we always check out our quota. I think Soren was about Josiah's age when he really got into the Froggy series.

Sara said...

I could spend HOURS and HOURS in the bookstore...really.
I love all kids books, I can't pinpoint my favorites...
BUT, please add this one to your collection for later.
There are several of them now...and they are simply fantastic.
http://www.amazon.com/Cookies-Bite-Size-Amy-Krouse-Rosenthal/dp/0060580828

Dana said...

Looks like fun Christine! I'm a fan of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

gerry said...

I love the little men series, probably because they make me laugh too, I have Mr. Tickle and Mr. Happy waiting here to read to Mr. Blue Eyes :)

Jennifer said...

How fun...book time is a favorite at our house too :).