Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh Yes He Did. . .

It has been a heart pumping last week for me as a Mom. It began with loosing Josiah the "explorer". I meaning really loosing him. While on the rooftop garden with Annette I thought he was with my friend, only to discover 10 minutes later he had wandered off on his own. After a mad dash around our estate and shouting his name like a wild woman I found him far, far away. At the ripe age of two he had descended three staircases, crossed two bridges, passed 4 apartment towers and countless hazards (high balcony ledges, fountains, stairs leading down to the buses) to a rock- bed at the far corner of the estate. He was not the least bit concerned, but annoyed that I made him stop throwing rocks and come with me. That was Friday.
Sunday, after naptime we found a piece of corn lodged WAY up his nose from lunch four hours earlier. Another big release of adrenaline. My attempts with the tweasers jammed the corn further up his nose (it was like playing the game Operation, every failed attempt was like hearing the buzzer go off- if you don't know that game never mind). Jason had the steady hands to get that sucker out, avoiding a traumatic trip to the ER.

There is never a dull moments around here. But all of this is making me pray more, and that is a good thing.

7 comments:

gerry said...

And to think,,, he is only 2 1/2 yrs. !!
Think of all the stories to come.... :)

The Liconas said...

I know what you mean about the prayers...our antics around here have me praying SO much! And what is it about corn and noses? Cuz they seem to fit so well? My cousin had a few corn kernels plus a pea stuck up her nose when she was 2. And I won't even mention where a friend of mine's little brother "lost" a marble!

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

Oh my goodness Christine, how scary! I can only imagine what your thoughts/prayers must have been in those minutes that probably felt like hours. I "lost" Soren for the first time this week too, but it was in a grocery store and it was only for one minute and my heart was pounding. (I found him by his wailing...he followed someone he thought was me.) Wow, what a story!

Sara said...

Josiah and Molly would be a fun duo!

Elizabeth said...

Wow!! Thank you Lord that Josiah (and Christine) are OK! God help you Christine as you raise your explorer!

Jennifer said...

Oh no he didn't...oh my goodness. He is like Taylor always keeping you on your toes. At least you found it pretty soon after he did it...I have heard of things getting moldy and rotten up in kids' noses. Yuck!

HM said...

Well I will say that it definitely is a Paine trait, Josiahs uncles and Grandpa are guilty of the same stunts. Like the time we lost uncle Matt at Disneyland! before the age of cell phones! But it does sound like Josiah is a bit more extreme so beware!.