Friday, August 21, 2009

News




My grin melted into laughter as I stared down at the parallel purple lines. Pregnant? As my laughter gained momentum Josiah (who of course was in the bathroom with me) started to get the giggles too. We just stared at each other erupting in unbridled laughter and joy. It was a moment I will never forget.
Next, we decided that we needed to make Daddy laugh too. I snagged one of Josiah's white onesies and a permanent marker. On the front I printed "big" and on the back "brother". When Jason got home Josiah was asleep in his crib. I urged Jason to get Josiah up. He was dumbfounded and kept saying "how did this happen?" You'd think he'd know by now.
Together we gave thanks to Jehovah Rapha (God heals) for this precious baby growing inside of me. It is by God's healing touch that two years ago my ovaries were miraculously cleared of dozens of cysts. It is his goodness alone that brings life.
I am 9 weeks along and will not see my doctor for a couple more weeks, but I have estimated the due date March 27th. I am very sick and tired (another blog for another day) but for now join us in rejoicing in this precious gift!

16 comments:

The Schmidts said...

I'm the first to comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Rhiannon

The Schmidts said...

Just to clarify, my wife meant woohoo for the news and not the fact that she was first to comment. Big wooohooo from me too. That is awesome.
Jason

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

Halleluiah!!! What fabulous news! We are definitely rejoicing with you on your newest "addition" to your family. Wow, God is sooooo good!

Ann said...

I'm so excited for you! I love the way you told the news with the T-shirt and everything!
I'm also excited for Rhiannon and Jason because they love hanging out with you and now there will be more "Paines" to love!
- Ann (Rhiannon's mom)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!! BRING ON THE NEW COUSINS!!!!!!!

EZEKIEL JAMES HERZOG said...

congrats you guys! that is awesome news!

Matt said...

Wow that is going to be so fun to have another cute added to the bunch!!! Congratulations!

Laura Liskey said...

YAY!!!! Im so overjoyed for you both!! Praise GOD!!!

Elizabeth said...

So exiciting!!! Congratulations friends!!! Praise God for healing your body and bringing new life from it. Great idea with the "big brother" shirt!! Sounds like a wonderful surprise. I liked how Jason couldn't figure out how it happened...hee, hee. ; )

Sara said...

i KNEW it!
For some reason, i have been thinking of you guys...
maybe it's because the Richman Baby Club is on round 2....
Baby Paine would be 7 for this year!
Congrats!

Jennifer said...

Sooooo thrilled for you guys :). Cute way to tell Jason. What a wonderful surprise. That's funny I was asking you about getting pregnant when you were in CA and you probably already were. I hope you will not be as sick as last time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news. I hope everything goes well and that the sickness passes soon.
Cynthia

Meredith said...

Hooray!! What wonderful joyful news. I hope you have some time to enjoy and celebrate before you get too exhausted. I will definitely be praying for you during the first few months - that sickness is brief and mild. Praise the Lord!

Amy LaVonne said...

That is incredible you guys! I am so so excited for you three! I bet that little scene with Josiah when you found out was adorable too! I can't wait to meet the little Paine to be someday!

Nicole said...

Yay!!!! This is such exciting news!!! I am thrilled for your little family of 4!!!!!! Praise God!!!

EveryChapter said...

Oh I am so excited for you! Hurray! Congrats on your little family getting bigger