Thursday, July 23, 2009

When Men Die, God Moves

So last week while Christine and Josiah were saying their last goodbyes, I was in Connecticut at a conference. For a few months now I've read more books and scriptures than ever before in my life. For the simple reason that I know there is more to the life I live as a Christian. I have read many autobiographies of men and women who have lived amazing lives for God. This has caused a hunger in me because I now understand more fully the exchange of identity, authority, righteousness and power that occurs when we submit fully to Christ as Lord. Most Churches and therefore Christians accept a watered down gospel which is basically say this prayer to get your name in the book of life and then go living your normal life. This results in weak, powerless, fearful, selfish and ignorant Christians that are fooled into believing life is all about them. The finished work of Jesus after the resurrection and the gift of the Holy Spirit was not just to get us to heaven but to get heaven into us. Jesus brought the kingdom of heaven to earth. Anything that was sick, evil, perverted was made whole, pure, and right again. Through his relationship with the Father, certain of his identity, and the presence of the Holy Spirit within him he did these things. We have access to the same resources and Jesus expects us to use them to continue doing what he did, both miraculous and humanitarian. The root of all of this is love and last week saw this demonstrated and taught in ways I've never seen. The speakers alone were worth the cross country flight. All were top notch but down to earth. here is a youtube link to Dan Mohler On the streets, malls, restuarants of an area known for being cold hearted I saw many come to tears after being touched by God's love through words, prophecies, healings. I saw a man who for twenty years have nagging back pain due to his right leg being 2-3 inches shorter grow out in front of my eyes! Tumors leaving from a girl who claimed to be Wicca and hated Jesus, but was left in shock after God demonstrating his love through us. For me the best part came after the conference when I was on my way back. I was able to die to myself (getting over fear, pride, etc) to allow the Holy Spirit to heal a woman's back, prophecy with a another woman and share God's love with everyone I sat next to on the plane. In fact I talked from DC to LA, 5 hrs, encouraging and praying for my seatmates. You can check out more info about the conferences which occur almost every month all around the country. www.powerandlove.org More updates to come from the HK side

No comments: