Tuesday, March 17, 2009

normal or neurotic?

Josiah's pincher grasp is really good these days and he entertains himself by picking up the tiniest pieces on the floor and sampling them. The other day I dropped some baking soda when making muffins and before I could wipe it up he was on all fours lapping it up. So, I've begun cleaning my floors three times a day. I've always liked things orderly, but nobody has ever accused me of being obsessively clean. Moms out there tell me what you think- is this much cleaning normal or neurotic?
Oh, this picture shows Josiah reaching for the washing machine buttons. Stay tuned for more posts on his trouble making!


3 comments:

Sara said...

Molly lOVES to do the same thing with the baggies! and the washing machine buttons, and the pots and pans, and her brothers legos...
you are SO living a normal life!

The Schmidts said...

Well Josiah is totally normal, but cleaning the floors four times a day is a little neurotic. There have actually been a ton of studies done that kids living in a house that has some dirt, pet hair, germs in it makes them less likely to develop allergies and asthma later on. So, give yourself a break and let him get a little dirt on his hands and his mouth--it won't hurt him--especially in your house. The one thing I would suggest though is just make a no shoes policy in the house--then you are bringing in outside germs and dirt. -Rhiannon

Elizabeth said...

So glad to see he's feeling better!