Monday, March 2, 2009

The Highlight Reel

I was reflecting recently on the way Mary pondered in her heart the moments she had with Jesus as a baby. Being the enthusiastic new mom I am, I’ve been busy photographing, videoing, scrapbooking, blogging and journaling all of Josiah’s milestones. But I’ve realized there are moments, precious moments, that can’t be captured- only savored. So in an attempt to savor moments with my quickly growing little boy I’ve begun playing a “highlight reel” in my head from the day as I nurse Josiah to sleep at night. Today’s highlights went like this
- his eyebrow raising smile popping over the crib in the morning
- the tug of little fingers on my pants pulling himself to a wobbly stand
- the view I have over the stroller of two bare feet happily kicking as we walk
- the longest eyelashes I’ve ever seen clumped together with tears after yet another boo boo
- blowing raspberries while eating squash (hard to forget since I still need to go clean the highchair)
- the high pitched squeal Josiah inhales when he catches my eye and begins crawling towards me down the hall
- his little head, heavy with sleep that falls back over my arm signally another day is done

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it! What precious moments. It makes me want those experiences someday, Lord willing.

Heidi said...

Girl, you should write a book! That was beautiful!