Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dream


I just finished reading the "Dream Giver". The first half of the book is a modern- day parable and I was able to read it all over a cup of coffee while Josiah napped (which in itself is exciting). The story is about a man named Ordinary from the Land of Familiar who pursues his Big Dream. I have never considered myself the "dreamer" type because I am so easily satisfied where I am. But, Jason is a dreamer- a big dreamer. I have seen through Jason's leading that life following the Dream God gives you is truly living. God has placed on our hearts big dreams. Often they seems far away and blocked by many obstacles. Some days I doubt that we were even given the dream at all. This book was an encouragement to me to conquer fears, overcome obstacles, and lay hold of all that God has for us. Read the book .. . .follow your dream!
"Ordinary knelt by the riverbank and wept with joy. The Dream Giver was more kind, more good, more wonderful and trustworthy then he had ever imagined. Now when Ordinary looked at his surendered Dream, he saw that it had grown. Now his Dream was no longer only about Ordinary. Now it was part of the Dream Giver's Big Dream for the whole world."

1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

I'm so excited to read this book! I read your blog every time you write on it now...know that your cuz is loving hear about your life!