Saturday, February 21, 2009

The New Me


I LOVE making baby food! It has become one of my new passions in life. My super sister- in- law recomended the book "Super Babyfood" to me and I have been inspired. It feels so good to feed Josiah his "Super Porridge" each morning packed with awesome nutrients for his little body. I have also been forming new healthy habits for Jason and I in the process. Here are new foods that we are now eating; brown rice, millet, flax seed, brewers yeast(ok- actually only Josiah eats this, yuck!), pumpkin seeds, barley, bran, kelp, split peas, lentils, and oatmeal. I just find it so fun to soak, cook, steam, grind, and freeze the food. We are also trying to substitute beans and whole grains for meat which is helping our budget.
Before you get too excited (or worried) about the new and improved me, I should confess to the fact that I am eating sour candy as I type this, mmmm (some habits may take longer to change).

3 comments:

The Schmidts said...

I have that book and love it too. I used it with Nayeli when she was a baby. We also have started substituting legumes for meat in a lot of our meals. Have fun cooking! -Rhiannon

Sara said...

it's inspiring, Christine...
I wish I was home more, I just feel like I don't have time!
(but I hear you on the sour candy!)

Angela said...

oh my... I AM a bit skeptical of this... let me know the total length of duration... but that book is pretty amazing :)