Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy 60th Dad!



Today is my Dad's 60th Birthday and I'm wishing I could be in CA to celebrate with him. I so admire my Dad and the faithful father, husband, pastor and community leader that he is. I love it when people tell me I'm like my Dad because I just love everything about him.
Jason and I commissioned local artist to create a Chinese paper cutting for my Dad. We came up with a design that reflects the legacy that his life is. Can you see the 4 kids, wedding bands, hands of service and world? The Chinese characters on the cross say Faith and Love. We were happy with how it turned out, especially when the artist told us this was the first cutting he's ever done not from a pattern. Happy Birthday Dad- we love you!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I cannot believe your dad is 60!! That's hard to believe!! That cutting is so amazing!! It must have taken a long time! Happy Birthday Randy!! : )

Angela said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!