Sunday, June 29, 2014

Califronia- Part 1

 We are having an amazing time in California. The flight went as smoothly as possible and although I got a lot of "you've got your hands full" comments, the kids did great. Jet lag was another story, but we are all sleeping now. I can't tell you how wonderful it has been to be at my parents' house. The first Sunday I was back at the church where my dad has been the pastor for 25 years, my parents sang a song in the choir called "In My Father's House." And it was Father's Day. I couldn't hold back the tears. This is the house I grew up in, the small town Jason and I fell in love in, and truly one of my favorite spots in the world (plus there is no humidity, mosquitoes, sweating and tons of sunshine!)










 
Our family of 6 is now 18- here is our whole motley crew. 
 The cousins had SO much fun together. Which worked out well since I totally ignored our kids in the process of helping with wedding details and hosting tons of extended family in town.
T

 Can you guess what they are karaoking? Let's just say there were a lot of renditions of "Let it Go"
 Here are some shots form Friday's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner


 And the BIG DAY!! I only have a couple of photos but Angela was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was such a meaningful, fun, lovely day and nothing could have made me more happy than to celebrate my seester and her wonderful man.


A very serious family shot

Here is the couple the next afternoon during the gift opening
 And then some more chillaxin' with family
This is my brother Ryan wearing his new baby Emery

 And of course we had to jump in the dunes with the cousins



 Papa came out for the wedding. Doesn't he look great at 91?
 

 
Jason ran up to the tree where we went on our first date 17 years ago and added Annabelle's name to "our" tree. Later that day we all went out to see his work. He said there's room for more names, but maybe we should consider shorter names. . .


2 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

so fun! cousins are the best!!!

Bobbie Bailey said...

I am in joyous awe over your photos and comments Christine! You are incredibly gifted as a blogger and photographer!!! Truly not kidding! Love every bit of it, but especially "your tree!" ;) And, Jason's comment that there is room to add more names! ;) I adore your family and miss you like crazy! God bless the Paine's beyond measure! Bobbie