Friday, November 1, 2013

3 Ring Circus

I have spent about equal time teaching and being a mom now. When Josiah was born I observed that teaching felt like a sprint and motherhood like a marathon. Now that I have three little people at home some days it feels like I am sprinting a marathon. In other words, running in circles. I told Jason, even when I'm not "busy", I'm busy. 

Most people love that glorious 6 month stage when babies can sit but not move. This stage lasted about 24 hours with Annabelle- then she started CRAW- LING!  She is now very mobile and into whatever she can get her hands and mouth on. 

One (typical) morning this week Annette changed outfits 6 times while Josiah took 30 minutes to put on his uniform. As Annabelle scooted under the bed to eat some lint, the “bumps” in Josiah’s socks launch him into a melt down. From the kitchen I barked orders and packed snack boxes at a break- neck speed. It was then I remembered Josiah’s Bible verse that he now had 2 minutes to memorize so I shouted it at him “Children are a gift from God!!!! Psalm 127:3”. Even in the crazy the irony was not lost on me. 

So my challenge continues to be to see the beauty through the mess and enjoy our children who, after all, are gifts. 

 Here is our busy, busy girl!



3 comments:

gerry said...

If any comfort, your morning brings back memories. This too shall pass,,,

Dana said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie!!! I can't help but laugh at the image of you shouting that verse at Josiah! haha

Dana said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie!!! I can't help but laugh at the image of you shouting that verse at Josiah! haha