Monday, July 15, 2013

Elle Photo Shoot

(Friday morning 6:30 am) Annette: Mom, I'd better get up today is my special day!

Our whole motivation for doing this photo shoot was to make a special memory for Annette. We were so happy that she was chosen by the designers in Paris (ew la la) to model for the winter collection because we knew she would love it. We told her that she was going to a "dress up party" and to her that's what it was. 


Waiting to be called into the studio with her fellow 3 year old model, Liam. 

This experience reinforced every stereotype I had about the fashion industry- from the make- up artist's purple hair, to the creative director (a former model) barking orders around the studio. It was such an interesting behind- the- scenes experience. Annette was very calm and would have gladly sat still all day getting her hair curled.


Annette posed in about 6 outfits, some on her own and some with Liam. One surprise was that they didn't want her to smile in any of them (a little different than mommy). But she probably did better than I wold have at keeping a straight face.  I was really proud of how well she listened and most importantly, I could tell that she felt special!  And it didn't hurt that she got paid more than 20 times what I did for my first job (: 


Unfortunately I can't post any photos from the set or of the clothes yet. There will be a couple months of post- production and then you can bet that I'll be sharing the pictures once the catalogue comes out!



2 comments:

Sara said...

Of course they chose her! What a face!
I wish I could get Molly into it!

Rhiannon said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the photos! She is a doll! -Rhiannon