Friday, July 5, 2013

Beauty and Birdies

I've been learning this year how beauty feeds my soul.  One of my favorite places in Hong Kong is the Mong Kong flower market.  It just make my senses come alive to take in the colors, fragrance and diversity of the flowers.


At the end of the flower market is the bird garden. It is a popular tourist stop and I had never been until this week.  The birds were so cute in their antiquated little cages I wanted to take one home (but have been cured of all pet urges thanks to the addition of "Queenie" who we are hampstersitting)












Jason and Josiah got inspired to build a bird house/ feeder to attract the many beautiful songbirds that live around our house. Our balcony is so tiny that the bird house perches on top of the glass railing. Hopefully they will discover the house soon so we can enjoy some bird watching out the window.

Although we'll leave the birds to live outside, I couldn't resist this cute little cage for my bookshelf. Where do you find beauty in your neighborhood?

1 comment:

The Liconas said...

This is just beautiful! My favorite place in Mexico was a huge flower market that wrapped around the street.