Sunday, June 23, 2013

Living Full




Apparently we’ve had a slow leak in two of our tires. No surprise that I didn’t notice as I am too distracted while driving to be bothered with such details (“stop touching your sister”, stay on the left side of the road, “almost there baby”, which lane do I need, “no you can’t have a snack now”, stay on the left etc. . . ) After repairing the tires today I couldn’t believe how differently the car rode. All smooth and perky. 

Sometimes I feel like I have a slow leak. I get so used to functioning in a tired, get- through- the- day, go- through- the- motions sort of way, that I forget what it feels like to be "filled up".  I don’t see the leak. I don’t even know it is there. But I am riding low. 

I named this blog “In the Moment” when Josiah was born because I so wanted to cherish what was right in front of me.  Most summers we go back to our parents’ homes in America. It’s kind of like we’re still in college. We eat their food, ride in their cars, and relax on their patios. Pretty awesome. Staying in Hong Kong this summer, I am afraid I won’t get that break.  My days can feel like meal- clean up- meal- clean up- meal clean up or pack bag- unpack- pack- unpack or diaper- spit up- diaper- spit up.  As much as these things are necessary, they can “leak” the life out of me. Yesterday God whispered to me "taste and see that I am good". So my goal for the summer is to live full. To sing in the elevators (great acoustics), laugh at the messes, splash in the pool, savor the ice cream and live fully alive.




floating a cereal box boat


getting to hold the wheel on our sanpan boat ride




May you enjoy the moment this summer!

4 comments:

Sara said...

That pic of Annette steering the boat is amazing.
She is changing SO much as she grows...just beautiful kids!

The Ouimette Family said...

So beautiful...you have an amazing way to see daily life through the eyes of little ones, growing ones, and our Creator. Love it, and love you! Erik and family

J.M.Paine said...

Wow Christine so encouraged by your heart to continue to seek and hear the Fathers voice in the midst of this full season! Praying in the midst of a full "kitchen sink" your soul would be resting and abiding in your Pappa.

The Liconas said...

I swear, it's like you and I are connected in a way with a line that only God makes and sews with....