Wednesday, June 12, 2013

And That's a Wrap

- School's OUT! Nobody told me that mom's get that last- day- of- school high that kids have. No more packing snacks, checking newsletters, chauffeuring back and forth. Of course, I'm guessing this high only last until the first "I'm bored."  I will probably be skipping back to school in August, but for now I am embracing the change of pace.

- Nothing quite gets me in the summer mood like cruising with warm wind in my hair and country music blasting. So this week I added some country to my playlist. Mostly my favorite Tim McGraw songs circa 1998 ("I'm gunna live where the green grass grows"). If you have  a favorite country song let me know.

- When Annette doesn't want to finish her food she says she has a "tummache".

- I'm going to start running next week. It has been a looong time. There is a really pretty path next to our house, but I'm afraid I might cross a banana spider in the wee hours of the morning .  If you don't know how big a banana spider is, just think of a banana. I'm not kidding. There are a lot around where we live right now.  Does anyone know if they are poisonous?

- Jason is on a big granola/ granola bar making kick and I am loving it, yum!

- Our church just finished a series called "Faith Online" and it has made me think more deeply about my "online life". I want to be more intentional in how I use social media and see it as a tool build community and connect with others.  I definitely can use the internet as a place to escape or compare. Yet my mind doesn't necessarily need more information, it needs transformation.

- Annabelle is loosing her new born look and at 11 lbs is looking like a big baby. Why do babies grow so fast?





2 comments:

Jenny Beckman said...

Kacey Musgraves-"My House". It reminds me of my childhood summers. Have a wonderful summer with your family!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently loving "Come Over" by Kenny Chesney.

We, too, are on a granola making and eating kick! I've been using brown rice syrup instead of sugar or honey or maple syrup and it is so yummy and a bit healthier!

Good for you for wanting to run again! I want to again also. So I will join you, in spirit, and PLEASE watch out for the banana spiders. Good grief!

Your baby is beautiful. Give our love to everyone in the home.

-Shalimar