Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chinese New Year Cuties

Hong Kong is in full swing welcoming the year of the snake! I love the vibrant flowers, festive music and spirit of generosity this time of year. I also love an excuse to annually put our kids in cute Chinese clothes. Annette looks so grown up to me in these photos!






 
 Our landlord Mr. Lee has been growing flowers all year to sell at his market in our village. Because space is so precious he has greenhouses on rooftops of 5 houses! You can tell by Annette's sundress what an unseasonably warm winter we are having.


 Off to school for the Chinese New Year party! Josiah's class spent the whole week learning about the holiday including art projects, cleaning the classroom, making dumplings and practicing their Mandarin songs.
 Alysha and Josiah have been friends since they were born.
We now have a week break from school and will going on some day trips, meeting up with friends and getting some things ready for baby. Gung Hei Fat Choi!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I look forward to these pics ;)
And I want Annette's shoes in my size!!! Love them!!