Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day




(thanks Sara for the title)

While all you Americans were grilling burgers and watching fireworks, we were kicking off the 4th with summer school! We have been preparing Josiah for this school experience for a while and took him last Saturday to tour the school, find the toilets, meet his teachers etc. He seemed very confident and prepared this morning. The summer program was a big jump for Josiah since he has never really been in anything organized unless I was teaching it. And it is 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. He goes to five different teachers for music, art, science, pe, and reading. Pretty full on. The teachers are great and although he is a minority (actually the only white kid) he didn't seem to notice. Josiah reported that he cried a "little bit" but had fun. Fortunately I was teaching at the elementary campus which distracted me from thinking about my big boy that became more independent today.

3 comments:

Sara said...

awwww....he's getting SO big!
What a wonderful experience for him!

Dana said...

oh my goodness!!! He is SO cute...I'm lovin' the spiked hair! :) Hope summer school goes well for all of you! I'm heading over to your homeland tomorrow! :) I'll be sure to say hi to CA for you. ;)

Angela said...

ooooooo!!