Thursday, June 16, 2011

Josiah Lines


Josiah saw a chicken in the grocery store, they come with eyes (closed) and feet here, and pointed saying, “Look mommy the chicken’s sleeping in the bag!”

Josiah loves to say, “Don’t be jealous mommy” (he learned this line from a Robert Munch book). He says it all the time, and always out of context

Josiah got a little rugby ball that turns into a towel when placed in water. He was very disappointed at this turn of events and screamed frantically for 30 minutes shouting “make the ball come back!!” Not a good trade to a three year old.

We babysat Jason’s class hamster for a weekend and I said, “look Josiah, the hamster has whiskers”. To which he replied, “Yeah, whiskers like daddy.”

Josiah off- handedly remarked to Jason last week, “thank you for putting your shoes away daddy.” Nothing like positive reinforcement.

During bedtime prayers I was describing to Josiah how much Jesus loves him. He replied matter of factly, “I want to see Jesus on the computer”. Anybody know Jesus' skype address?

I was describing to Josiah how he used to be in my tummy. He cocked his head and said, “please mommy, I want to go again.”

4 comments:

Sara said...

This is why every mommy needs a blog. Love this so much!
Last one reminds me of Jack...when we discussed the similiar topic he asked me..."but mom ...did you eat me????"

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

That's awesome!!!

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

Love this! There is something so sweet and honest about three-year olds' words. They have enough language to express themselves and trying to make sense of the adult world. SO precious, keep these entries coming. :-)

Emily Thompson said...

made me smile! jack asked me the other day if I liked Thomas... then he asked did Thomas make me happy, I said yes. He then said, Thomas makes me sad..What? :o)