Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Start


I love new beginnings, don't you? Every new year I make many lofty resolutions, and although I don't usually hold to them all year (sometimes not even all month) that does not deter my enthusiasm. It has been great coming back to Hong Kong and feeling a fresh excitement for the year ahead. One of my resolutions this year is to read through The Message version of the Bible. Already I have been so blessed by this fresh and candid translation. Here, the Lord's prayer expresses my heart for the upcoming year.

Our father in heaven, reveal who you are. Set the world right; Do what is best- as above, so below. Keep us alive with three square meals. Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others. Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil. You're in charge! You can do anything you want! You're ablaze in beauty! Yes. Yes. Yes.

In case you missed the boat and didn't set a New Year's resolution, it is not too late- Chinese New Year is only three weeks away!

3 comments:

Sara said...

That is awesome...

My resolution...ugh.
Although, I did finally find a Wii Fit, so I am hoping to get "healthier" with that. Notice that I didn't mention weight loss...don't want to set myself up for not meeting goals! Weight loss would be a "bonus" under the healthy resolution...
Glad you are home safe and sound...and cute as can be (Josiah mostly on that one...not that you aren't a good looking family!)

Sara said...

oh my goodness...the picture on your title is so stinkin cute!

Heidi said...

Hi Friend! It was so wonderful seeing you over Christmas! You need to check out the post I did of you guys! People are impressed with how my friends have the cutest kids ever!! : ) It's true!