Friday, December 5, 2008

"Working" From Home . . . .

. . .it sounded like such a an easy idea when the school approached me about writing their summer school curriculum from my home office. Of course at that time Josiah was just a few months old and sleeping half of his life away. How things have changed! Some days I love the creativity and vision of the project I am working on (designing 300 lessons with biblical worldview integration) but other days go more like this:
9:30- Josiah goes down for his nap
9:35- I grab my coffee, turn on the computer
9:40- Ah, I've got to throw the laundry in
9:45- Write the lesson objective
9:50- A friend pops in and we have a chat
10:10- Back at the computer begin research
10:15- Josiah wakes up- already? I manage to nurse him back to sleep
10:30- Research is not going well, so I check my friend's blogs
10:35- I begin to outline the lesson
10:40- Ah, I've got to defrost the chicken for dinner and email our guests
10:45- Josiah is up again, this time for good!
I'd rather play with him anyways! And because every blog needs a photo- here you go!

7 comments:

J.M.Paine said...

Can't wait to squeeze the lil' bugga'

Angela said...

oh man... I completely understand. That's what I'm doing right now.. checking blogs when I should be working.. but it's fun, enjoyable, and I LIKE IT! ok, back to work for me.

Meredith said...

What a great picture! I can't believe you can check your blogs in 5 minutes... That's amazing! :)

The Schmidts said...

Exactly why I've shied away from working from home! It is doing two jobs at once! You can do it though. Rhiannon

Laura Liskey said...

Oh man that sounds like my day...minus the baby:) And Im at work checking blogs!

J.M.Paine said...

JOY!

Heidi said...

Oh, my goodness!!! He is just toooooo cute!!!