Sunday, June 8, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude

Since Josiah was born I have been to 13 doctors visits (7 for him, mostly related to his jaundice, and 6 for me, mostly for my mastitis). There have been moments when I have been pushed to my limit and I have learned through this to really accept help from others. I need help! The body of Christ has come along side us this past five weeks and loved us in the most practical ways. We have had literally dozens of meals brought to our house, people have run to the grocery store for me, washed my dishes, held Josiah, driven me to appointments and then waited for hours, even stayed the night at our place when I was really sick! It is a blessing to be part of such a loving and supportive community.

2 comments:

Sara said...

It really does "take a village", doesn't it?
What a lucky boy to have so much love...around the world!

Erik and Laura Ouimette said...

We are praying for a safe flight for you! We wish we could greet you at the airport because we are so excited to see you and meet that little cutie Josiah. Olivia's panda baby has emerged with a new name, Josiah...consequence, I think not! :-)