Sunday, December 8, 2013

Coca Cola 10K


Running during this season of life feels a bit tricky. The only times I can really go are in the early morning hours or at night after the kids are in bed. And then there is that reoccurring problem that I just don't feel like it. It is a struggle to lace up my shoes after a night of wakeful nursing or at the end of a tiring day. So this fall I have been so thankful for the motivating goal of this 10K and the support of the "Wu Kai Sha Mamas". These running friends have pushed and pulled me through many runs. As we therapeutically pound the pavement we also run through the highs and lows of our days. Although hard to start, I always feel refreshed and clear headed by the finish.

                                                   Wu Kai Sha  Mamas
 My biggest fans, Jason and the kids, made me feel so loved and supported. Annette cheered for the whole hour I was running. Josiah kept asking me if was going to "win" (I think he is used to watching his daddy race). I tried to explain to him I was just going to do my best- but he seemed unimpressed I didn't get a trophy (: 

  Feeling good at the start! 
Smiling because I can see the finish

2 comments:

gerry said...

Well I am very impressed you looked greatI

Sara said...

you are amazing!
congrats!