Tuesday, July 31, 2012

World's Apart

These are a few photos that our friend Alex captured in Mozambique.  Seeing these photos instantly brought me right back to place that seems a world away. 

 I love that Alex was able to get this shot. This is our late arrival to the remote bush village after traveling in the back of a truck for five hours. The kids came running to greet our caravan.

 I'm trying to smile, but ouch those braids seriously hurt!
 This woman could not get over seeing her picture in our camera! She was also the oldest looking Mozambican that we saw- I can't help but wonder her age in a country where the life expectancy is 33.
 Beautiful!


 And just when I was feeling like I wanted to hop on the first plane back, I saw this picture reminding me of some of the rougher realities of African life (:

1 comment:

Emily Thompson said...

great pictures... and what amazing memories for your family!