Thursday, July 29, 2010

More Jesus


Last week I was changing Annette in her room when Josiah let out a shriek that sent me running down the hall. I found him in the kitchen with his foot trapped under a heavy 60 lb box of tiles that he had pulled on top of himself. It had cut the skin and I was guessing that his tiny foot was broken from the impact. I proceeded the next hour to baby him; bringing ice, bandaids, portable dvd player, and food to bed to he could rest it. I kissed his boo- boo and we prayed that God would heal his foot. Josiah loved me holding his little foot and praying. After I'd finished, he'd say "more Gee-sus?" so we prayed again and again. My plan was to take him for an x- ray when Jason got home that afternoon. However a few hours later Josiah, despite my urging to rest, was up running around good as new. The brusing and swelling were very minimal. Every day this week at bed time when we kneel to pray he has asked me again for "more Gee- sus". We are thankful that God can reveal himself to Josiah as jehovah Rafa (our healer). May his heart's cry always be for more and more Jesus.

3 comments:

HM said...

Jesus loved the little children.

Matt18:2-5
And He called a child to Himself and set him before them,

3and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and (C)become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

4"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5"And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me

Love grandpa paine

Angela said...

yes :)

Bobbie said...

yes. may his heart always be for more of Jesus! what a nurturing mommy he has!