Saturday, April 25, 2009

Date Night

Tonight I went on a date with my handsome husband to Sai Kung, a relaxed little fishing town known for its seafood. It had been a while since we'd gone out just the two of us and we really enjoyed our time together. We talked, laughed and shared our dreams. It was nice to take in our time together without juggling board books, doling out finger food, and chasing our little man from one disaster to the next.
After dinner we strolled a bit. Along the water fisherman sell their catch fresh off their boats, tossing it in bags to the people on the dock above. This picture is of Jason and some horseshoe crabs on the sidewalk.




After we picked Josiah up from our friend's house (he did well, no tears) we decided he is ready for his first pair of real shoes. The folks at Dr. Kong measured his foot and helped us pick a good pair. They seem big to me, but I guess that is how they are supposed to fit. He looked goofy running around the store in his big shoes and jammies. Just another "first" that we enjoyed. We can't believe how fast Josiah is growing up!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

How nice to find some comments from you on my blog today! What a fun surprise!! Yes, I am still in business with cookies, Joy and I are actually looking into working in a little shop in down town Glendora. Who knows if it will actually happen but it's exciting that God might be doing something with this whole cookie thing!! We'll see!! How nice to have a date night ; ) The shoes are too cute, I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is just a cutie pie!! I wish I loved close so I could baby sit and you could have date nights more often!! Love ya Friend!

J.M.Paine said...

oh, dang that boy's gonna be off to the races with them shoes

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

YAY FOR NEW SHOES! He's so cute as always, and I'm so happy you guys got some time to yourselves! I love love LOVE you!