Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Party!

At Back to School Night Josiah's teacher had sign- ups for various parties throughout the year. Jason nudged Emily and I and urged us that we "had" to do the Thanksgiving party since we are the Americans. ICS, being an American school, does celebrate Thanksgiving although often the kids eat chicken wings and sushi rolls at their feast! (: 
Emily and I first taught a lesson to both R1 classes that included a story, some songs and a Thanksgiving game. 
Then came the "feast." I made a small turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry and rolls while Emily brought the sweet potatoes, corn, apples and pumpkin pie- yum! The kids didn't think it was as yummy as I did, but it was an experience.






 I am so thankful that Josiah can go to a school- that regardless of the culture, holidays or food- he can cultivate a heart of gratitude to God. Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

That picture of him in prayer melts my heart.
Beautiful moment.

gerry said...

I love pictures of the Chinese kids with "Indian" hats- hey where are the pilgrims?

gerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

That is so cool you got to share some of our traditions with the students. I love the picture of Josiah praying too.

Bobbie Bailey said...

Love all the photos, but especially love the one of our little Josiah bowing in prayer and runner up is the last photo with you being beautiful, happy, you!!! Looks like it turned out perfect! :)